Green Sandals For St Patrick's Day. Dress 345. Favourite Future Footwear? Add funny green tee-shirts

Photo by Angela Lansbury.


 I bought sandals with a green pattern like a shamrock ready for St Patrick's day. The brand, according to what is stamped on the shoes and typed onto the label is AvvaRa. The R is reversed like Toys R us. Unfortunately I have not yet found how to produce this reversed letter.

I looked up AvvaRa. I found that they have a Facebook page. However, they appear to be selling wholesale to shops or suppliers and not selling or showing their full range online.

I bought my sandals in Sunshine grocery store in Cashew Heights Condo, Singapore. 

I bought the sandals in size 4. I buy boots in size five, and can wear socks to pad them out to the right size. I prefer adjustable shoes as my feet swell up in the heat and then shrink in cold weather or air conditioning. However, you need to buy toe-post shoes smaller. Too large and you are gripping them and getting hammer toes. 

Or the sandals slip off. You fall. Or risk falling. Inconvenient. Unnerving. Inelegant.

When I wore the sandals they were not comfortable. But I didn't like Crocs when they were new, and now Crocs are my favourite footwear. You may know the saying, don't cook anything new for a dinner party. 

Good advice for travellers is: Don't wear new shoes when travelling. I agree.

Even her Majesty Queen Elizabeth has somebody with the same size feet wearing in her majesty's new shoes to wear them in for a day before wearing them out and about. Not wearing them out. Unintended pun. Wearing them in before wearing them out. Oh, the English language.

You can't see the sandals when your feet are under a desk. Nor can you show them to others easily when you are talking on Zoom. What you need for an Irish dress effect is a tee-shirt or headband.

Tee-shirts from teeshirtplace have lots of amusing messages. My favourite is: World's tallest leprechaun. Here are a few of theirs:






Useful Websites

https://www.teeshirtpalace.com/t-shirts/st-patricks-day

Lots of shamrocks and other designs on flip flops from Zazzle at about 30 dollars

https://www.zazzle.com/st+patricks+day+sandals

For hats and tee-shirts>

https://www.amazon.sg/s?k=st+patricks+day

Irish prayer/blessing porcelain box for your St Patrick jewellery bout 26.72 dollars from the USA (won't ship to the UK)

https://www.amazon.sg/Prayer-Porcelain-Decorative-Keepsake-Trinket/

https://www.carrollsirishgifts.com/st-patricks-day/jewellery/?prefn1=brand&prefv1=Kilkenny%20Silver&start=0&sz=12

For more about celebrating St Patrick's Day, see my posts on tavelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.com

Please share the link to this post with your family and friends and anybody who might be interested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A