How To Match A Multicolour Top With A New Green bargain umbrella, dress of the day 376

 


This close-up selfie shows the colours of my top more clearly. Although I have several colours, and in combination look bright, on close-up the colours appear muted and hard to match. 


Green Umbrella. Photo by Trevor Sharot. 

First Secret of the Top - Mystery 'Cotton'
The multi-colour top has a label saying it is 100% cotton. I love cotton. Cool. Comfortable. Yet it is stretchy. 

Made in China. I wondered whether they sought to mislead or confuse the buyer. Or the shopkeeper. Or whether the person sewing on the label has poor English and muddles the labels. Or does the person writing the label not understand? Or in such a hurry that they got the wrong label. Or is their dictionary wrong? Since I cannot find a brand I shall never know.

Secret Pockets and Second Pockets
In addition to the confusing cotton label, two good points. The pockets. Two small pockets. 

I love having pockets. I like to have two pockets, not just one. Hurray for a pocket, two hurrays for two pockets!

Only one pocket looks and feels lopsided. It makes me feel that the manufacturer has gone for the cheapest option and cheated me, hoping I would not notice. 

The square pockets at the bottom of the hem  below waist level are a feature I like. But they are sewn at an angle with the corner turned back to make a smaller triangular pocket. Just big enough to hold a hanky, but discouraging you from putting in anything bulky which might stretch the pocket or pull the garment out of shape. And to stop you slouching.

With this multi-colour bat-wing top, I had a choice of colours to match to my new plain green umbrella. I had two green umbrellas. I was keen to use one in a photo. I had chosen to wear a cool, loose bat-wing top on a hot day. So I thought the green in the multi-colour top would co-ordinate with the umbrella. 

Starting with white. I looked for a white hat. The colours were all surprisingly hard to match. I had bright white baseball caps.  

A bright red umbrella. Maybe I should have stuck to black and white. A good co-ordination was the black and white flip-flops (other countries such as Singapore and India call them slippers).

The green umbrella with the pattern looked too busy. I saved it for another day for an all-green outfit.

Black and White Beach Shoes
The black and white beach shoes are size five from Everlast. I wear my favourite old ones in the colours I love around the house and out of the shower. 

(For the swimming pool, I wear only Crocs. I need to protect my toes from sunlight. Once I slipped on wet steps and hurt my coccyx just before an overnight flight to London, wearing an old pair of shoes like these without a firm grip. So now I am very careful to buy shoes with deeply indented soles for safe walking in the wet when outdoors.)

Up next 377





Plain red, green and pink umbrellas in Valu$, as well as patterns on pink, green and white. Photo by Angela Lansbury.
The holding company has about 70 stores in Singapore and plans to have a hundred. They are all over.
For more details see

More details in next post.
Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A