Eyelet (broderie Anglaise) dresses or tops, where to buy them in white, pink, black, blue, and green, dress 378

 

Angela wearing white eyelet dress, and long-sleeve white eyelet blouse, with red cape blazer by BeJealous. At Raffles Holland Village, Singapore. Photo by Trevor Sharot. Red and white covered outfit 378.

Red and white, blood and bandages effect. Wedding dress shops warn you against white and bright red. 
Covered but cool. (Cool from eyelets.)

Angela Lansbury in broderie anglaise or eyelet dress. 379 bare-shouldered dress. Outside raffles mall, Holland Village, Singapore. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

On March 17th I wrote about my friend's red eyelet dress from Thailand, which I admired. A week or two we met again and she was wearing a white eyelet dress. This time she said she had bought it in Singapore and it was a Singapore brand and she would take me to the shop which sold it, The Stage Walk in Junction 8 at Bishan. 

Selfie photo by Angela Lansbury. Yenny, President of Braddell Heights Advanced Toastmasters' International speakers' training club, is wearing a white eyelet dress from The Stage Walk.

When we went to The Stage Walk, they had lots of lovely dresses, but not at the bargain price I wanted. I asked the assistant, "Do you have a bargain rail? No. When will you be having a sale? 

She said,"We never have sales."

I turned to my friend and muttered, "But I thought my friend said she bought it from you - on sale."

My friend shrugged and thought, "Maybe I bought it online."

I looked online and found lots of great items from the brand The Stage Walk. But you had to bid fast or they might disappear. For example, in Singapore on Carousell.

I don't make fast decisions online, unless I have a real bargain and have just missed another sale or two.

I found several great items from China. But US dollars which are more than Singapore dollars. I thought, first I must check my own wardrobe. I was sure I once had broderie Anglaise. Sure enough, I found a white dress, and a white blouse, which acted as a cover up jacket. 

A little the worse for wear, but with a concealing red cape blazer, brand Be Jealous, and red sandals, and a reversible red and black hat, the white looked all right. I hope you like the effect as much as I did.  (Top picture.)

I decided to take off the jacket to show the blouse.

380. Angela Lansbury is wearing a white eyelet dress and long sleeved blouse. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

The two pockets are in the dress. It does not have a brand name. Nor does the blouse. These are vintage items.

Ebay Items

Here are the items I found online through ebay. Some of them are tops or long tops. Sometimes I buy the largest size so that they are longer and wear them over a long slip to make an outfit. The slip or petticoat or underskirt can be the same colour, or black, or white, or a contrasting colour. With eyelet designs, you might like a contrasting colour to show through. For being online on Zoom I like an outfit with neck interest. At Toastmasters International Speakers' training meetings we take a group photo and I like a striking neckline.

For Zoom meeting photos, your portrait will show a necktie.

This top has the eyelets all the way over the garment including around the neck. The short sleeves have a slightly flared edging.

This seller shows the length.

I cannot find anything similar to my dress online. More on DIY dress design in a later post.

I have several pictures on Pinterest.

Useful Websites

https://www.carousell.sg/

ebay.com

https://www.thestagewalk.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A