Black sequin dickey 398, to match a black jacket, make evening wear when packing light

 

Selfie picture by Angela Lansbury. 

Orange Top
The orange top is a tee-shirt with a slogan which I am wearing back to front for the evening.
The black sequin collar fastens with a hook and eye. I have a see-through plastic lidded box labelled bow ties and accessories. I had it at the top and had not looked inside it for months, years. I was looking for braces which I inherited from my late uncle Ronnie. I found the braces and a bonus, the black decorative collar and a black hair bow. Both dolled up my black cape blazer. 

Black Evening Gloves
I also had long black evening gloves. Normally, not much use except for fancy dress. 

The gloves' original purpose was to create mystique. Gloves would keep you from touching hands with men, to avoid swapping sticky sweat, and germs, or showing too much flesh.

Nowadays Covid-19

But an extra bonus. Warmth on summer nights, especially in air contiioning indoors, or cool evening breezes outdoors, on land, or by the swimming pool, on a patio, on a balcony, by the beach, out at sea on a cruise ship or yacht or boat, or evening excusrison, or open top bus tour by night.

 The cape blazer over a sleeveless top might prove chilly in the evenings on holiday in the mountains when the summer sun has gone down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A