The Numbering of Dress of the Day and Posts. This is post 385b.

 I started numbering my dress of the day when I found I was listing two posts of the same colour. Blue dress of the day. But if I numbered the second blue dress as blue dress 2 and the second red dress as red dress 2 I would have all the outfits out of sequence.

 The simplest system was to number each post in sequence. However, I did not necessarily have an entire outfit for every post. This numbering sequence would be useful to find out how many posts I had written. 

Comic Poems Numbering

(I do this in my comic poems to find out the number of poems so I can see how many readers per post, and are the numbers of posts matching one a day. 

But I try to add a poem any time I write a generic post such as how to write a poem for a Xmas card.)

In the dress of the day, I do not want to give the misleading impression that I had 400 outfits when I had only 300. I need to know how many outfits I have because that is a question which readers ask. 

The statistics compiled by the website show me the number of posts altogether, and the number of readers per month and year and all time.

In Dress of the Day might show one post on the entire outfit. The next post might amplify information, current suppliers of red evening shoes, the history of the company which makes the dress. So instead of calling that dress 3, I would call it post 2b or 3b, depending on where it is. Look for dress of the day 2 and you might find a post 2b, or even 3b, amplifying information about the dress of the day with that number.  

Numbering Systems

The verses of the bible are numbered. Psalms are numbered. You have probably heard of Psalm 23.  

Dewey classifies books by number.

Beethoven's symphonies are numbered. 



Colours are numbered.

Your dentist has a numbering system for your teeth.

Motorways are numbered.

Phones are numbered.

Houses are numbered. Hotel floors are numbered. Hotel bedrooms are numbered. Sometimes restaurant tables are numbered. Cashiers in DAISO are numbered. Aisles in supermarkets are numbered.


Toastmasters clubs are numbered.

Useful Websites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psalms#Numbering

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dewey_Decimal_classes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashville_Number_System

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A