Black Anti-Odor Tee-shirt, Black DIY Skirt, White dickey, With Indian Mirrorwork Shoes, dress 381

Angela Lansbury wearing a Toastmasters International tee-shirt in black, with a DIY black skirt and Indian Mirror black shoes. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

I had a friend who always wore black, She found it easier to co-ordinate. I thought it was depressing. On the other hand, I travelled on short trips with a black skirt, but not with a black top. I added a black skirt to this tee-shirt and feel that I would not wear it regularly. I need colour near my face. Especially on Zoom.

When I travelled as a busy travel writer, the black skirt was good, for not showing stains and in any case was being hidden under the table at dinner. I matched it with various tops. The black skirt and black shoes went with everything. 

If you wear black, it could go well with black hair, or make you look monotonous. If you have white teeth and eyes, and they are your good features, you can brighten up a black tee-shirt with a white colour. On zoom you want neck interest. Fancy shoes don't get much attention unless you are standing on stage or well back from the camera, in which case you need to be sure your microphone is picking up the sound. 

The Anti-Odor Tee-Shirt

My tee-shirt is new in 2022 and a synthetic fabric which is unlike the traditional cotton tee-shirts which used to be sold by Toastmasters International and all over the world.

Toastmasters International has many tee shirts and other items for men and women on their website. The tee-shirt is size XL. The fabric is 100% polyester and the brand is Ultrafresh, anti-bacterial and anti-odor. Made in China. The fabric is lightweight, easy to wear. 

The logo is the official Toastmasters International logo of a globe. Underneath is the T I motto, Where Leaders Are made. District 80 is Singapore.

How to Make A DIY Skirt

I made the skirt by slitting a pair of unwanted trousers up the central seam between the legs. I turned the slits to the sides. I have left the skirt open both sides like a cheongsam (which is normally open at one side). That is less work and it is cooler. It looks fine at home. To conceal the gap in public, I would change into something more covering or wear an ankle length slip out in the street.
 

The White Dickey

To lighten the black, I am wearing a white dickey. A dickey is a false collar, with a front and back which fills in a v shape neck at the front which covers cleavage.  

I bought several from ebay. You can also get lots of dickeys on Shein.

The idea of the dickey is to look more professional and businesslike, although I am wearing a tee-shirt.

Shoes

The shoes have the brand prettyFIT. The insole is black fabric and so is the outer covering.The soles are almost flat and synthetic, only very slightly flexible. 

You can buy prettyFIT shoes in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand and Bulgaria.

I found mirrorwork shoes from a company in India. I was thinking about wearing the mirrorwork shoes with a mirrorwork skirt for my next post.

Vintage mirrorwork shoes from prettyFIT. Photo by Angela Lansbury.

Useful Websites

Toastmasters International Clothing from the USA

https://www.toastmasters.org/shop/gifts/womens-apparel

Prettyfit Shoes in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar, Bulgaria

https://www.prettyfit.com.sg/

Mirrorwork Shoes from $68  They are in New Delhi, India, and ship worldwide. They have lovely dress outfits with matching trousers included at about 70 US dollars, plus about ten dollars for shipping, free if you spend over 100 dollars.

https://www.jaypore.com/pink-handcrafted-mirror-work-crepe-leather-juttis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A