Blue and white summer dress, worn with white jacket and accessories. Spare room scavenged and recycle outfit. 420

 

Angela in blue backgound white flower pattern summer dress outfit 419. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

The Blue Summer Dress
The old blue summer dress was rescued or recycled, scavenged from my spare room in London, England. Lovely colour, bright blue and crisp, contrasting bright white. But I was not keen on the fabric. The style did not suit me because it had spaghetti straps and a low back. This style meant you needed a jacket, and a bra which would not show at the front, on the shoulders, at the back, a whole nuisance. 

However, when packing for my Writers' Summer School, and emptying the room for an overnight visitor who is going to that event, I re-discovered the dress. I thought I would try it on. Maybe now I am thinner it will suit me again. 

If not, I could cut it up. What could I do? Turn it into a pillow case? Or an apron? Or a tunic?

Would I be able to divide it horizontally into a wearable skirt and top? Or cut the skirt vertically to create a wrap skirt?  Then what would I do with the top? Make a camisole top? Or a dickey for a white camisole?

No need. Since the time when I bought it, I have acquired a cape blazer which covers the shoulders. A cape blazer is better for summer than a regular jacket. Less constricting. fit over any size undergarment. Without being too tight on the arms. And not too hot. Confortable and cool.

The White Cape Blazer
The white cape blazer has the label Missguided. Miss with a double s. 

So far, so good. The dress with the white jacket is wearable, neat, but it does not zing. 

What is wrong? Wearing odd shoes looks odd.

I hunt for white shoes. I remember I have a style of shoes known in the UK in the old days, my old days, actually my young days, as gym shoes. 

The Shoes
The shoes were bought this year, 2022, from St Luke's charity shop, which raises money for the hospice in Harrow. The shoes are size 4, Marks & Specer child's.

White or blue socks?
Do I need socks? Yes, to protect my feet from rubbing. To stop the sandals from smelling. To stop the insoles from wearing out.

What kinds of socks do I need? The colour could be either white or blue socks. Ideally white for a summery look. I cannot find white socks. I do not buy that colour because the white gets stained so quickly. 

However, I have lots of dark blue socks from Singapore Airlines. Job done.

The white necklace was an old one, lying around. It has triple strings of beads. I now find heavy necklaces annoy me. However, this one just fits the outfit so, despite the heaviness, I am not in a hurry to take it off. 

Buying A second hand or Cheap Necklace
If I need a white necklace, second hand, I am sure I could find them in either the charity shop or a supermarket.

Supermarket summer jewellery
Yes, alternatively, I could look in the supermarket. Daiso, the Japanese chain all over Asia and also the USA has cheap goods for about two dollars. The children's department will have some. 

Online White Necklaces
You can also see lots of white necklaces online. Amazon, eBay or Etsy. And Shein. Adult or children's department.

DIY
Or make a choker from a white ribbon, or a plaited white ribbon. Or a pendant of any colour on a white ribbon. Preferably the pendant should match a ring, or belt or hat or cap or bracelet or jacket, or lipstick of red, orange or pink.

I could also create one from stringing white shirt buttons on a thin white ribbon or white cord or transparent bead string which you can buy in assorted widths from Amazon.com  

White Dickey
I could have worn a plain white dickey to look more formal on zoom online, or to go out to dinner to a smart restaurant.

White Safety Scarf
I have a winter white hood which looks like felt made from a white fleece beany and matching scarf sewn together to prevent the hat from falling off and to keep my neck warm. I wear it at night in winter, especially as evening starts earlier and the skies are darker. White is safer when crossing a road, so that cars can see you quickly.

I need a white headband or scarf for summer.

White Belt (tie)
I found a white men's tie. That acts as a belt. I folded it through the tab on the back and hung it down on my left, under the jacket. You can loop the narrow end around and knot it, to make it more secure and less strain on the ribbon loop at the back.

A belt on the waist can make you look shorter, creating two squares one above the other, instead or one upright oblong. However, I am intent on adding as much white as possible to my outfit.

The blue Ring
I looked at my ring. It had a brown stone. Nobody will notice. But I notice. After a search, i find I have a ring with a blue stone.

White nail varnish
The white nail varnish from Tesco is perfect. It completes the look.

Finally  - blue eyes!
My eyes are actually a disappointing grey (Americans spell it gray). However, I have read that your eyes reflect some of the surrounding colour, so that blue clothes will enhance the blue. A good thought. A cheering thought.

The Grey Umbrella
Not quite white. (Match my grey eyes.) My husband was impatient and said the umbrella was fine.

Useful Websites
Daiso
Ebay
Etsy
Marks & Spencer
Missguided
Shein
St Luke's

Captions welcome.
Please bookmark and share your favourite posts.

etsy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A