Painted palm trees dress from India, bought in Troodos, Cyprus, post number+Dress of the day number 400

Angela Lansbury wearing a painted palm tree pattern dress, red and green on white cloth. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

This dress was bought from a shop opposite the Troodos Hotel, Troodos, Cyprus.
The shop is the far right distant shop with the bright green awning

Souvenir and clothes shop, Troodos Square.

Attractive Price

 In a shop at Troodos, near the Ski Centre, I saw a rail of clothes at the bargain price of about 12 Euros. I selected a sleeveless dress with a painting of palm trees pattern in red and green on white cloth. The occasional brush stroke of blue looks almost green. The neck is accentuated by a pattern of green and red.

The Cut and Style

The cut is not a straight shift. As you see in the photo, from the way I spread out the skirt, a wide hem dress. The back is plain white. 

Plain Back

The black was plain white. Often a garment printed or painted only on the front is cheaper than one printed on the back and front. That didn't bother me. In fact an alternative look at the back is better. I can reverse the dress back to front to plain white. Two looks for the price of one. Halves the packing for a holiday or trip.

If the neck at the back is higher, so that it rubs your neck at the front when reversed, I can make a cut. I can insert a small vertical cut, sewn over the edges. It can be fastened on the top with either a ribbon loop to match the size of a small button, or a hook and eye.

The size is S for small and no other information is given.

The Straw Hat

I thought the straw hat was just right for the palm tree theme. I was looking for a conical vietnamese of coolie hat. I found this hat in my collection.

The band on the hat reads

www.descubraceara.com

Useful Websites

Troodos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A