463 Pink Broderie Anglaise Top, with White Pendant and white hat from Tu brand, Sainsbury's Supermarket




Angela Lansbury wearing pink top and white skirt.


White Cap

White broderie anglaise cap, brand Tu, from Sainsbury's supermarket. Bought second hand from eBay.

Pink Top

From brand Tu, sold in Sainsbury's supermarket. I bought mine from eBay.

Laura Ashley Lace Hem Slip (Vintage)

This Lace Edge Slip is worn as a skirt. I keep asking various males, 'is my outfit looks okay.'  None of them say, 'You are wearing a slip.'

My son did say, "You are dressed casual.' He did not say, 'You need a skirt.'

Interesting - casual! I thought I looked elegant, pretty, at least smart casual. 

So, on holiday I must keep the broderie anglaise for daytime. I need to change in the evening for dinner.

White has the disadvantage that it easily stains. 

Hotter Sandals

The Hotter sandals are style Easy. They have two hook and loop fastenings over the toes and instep and a buckle at the back.

I used to not wear them much. I preferred vibrant red. Cheerful red. Not boring cream. Not easily dirtied  pale cream.

However, the cream sandals go better with white and pink. 

I need flat shoes to be able to stand up and run around to carry things back from the dining table to the kitchen to help the hostess. She serves the main course buffet style.

She also has steps down to the toilet off the hall. I don't want to fall after having a glass of wine.

The Easy sandals have tiny triangles of gold. You don't see them unless you take the shoes off or hold them in your hand. Nobody sees them when I am sitting at dinner.

Sandals Off Indoors?

The sandals can be removed easily and replaced easily. Should I take them off indoors?

In theory i could carry slipper, gold slippers, to wear indoors. This might be better, as my grand-daughter is crawling on the floor, dropping food on the floor, which is sometimes returned to her high chair table or her mother's plate.

Cream Colour Socks

I have paired the cream colour sandals with cream colour airline socks. Wearing socks keeps my feet from rubbing, getting blisters or sores. Maybe helps the inner socks of the sandals last longer. 

To absorb perspiration from my feet so it doesn't wear out and flatten the inner soles of the sandals. To keep the sandals smelling fresher. The socks can be changed to keep me smelling fresher. I don't have to worry about painting my toe nails. 

At a family evening I want to look pretty but not sexy. I want to look like I have dressed up in honour of the hostess and the occasion and meeting guests.  But not so sexy as to act like I am a rival or a threat.

Jacket

White cape blazer.Label Missguided. Size 8. Too small for me. Does not meet in the middle. But I had to wear white.

 Useful Websites

eBay

white cap

wiki broderie anglaise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broderie_anglaise

Sainsburys

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/c/Sale/kids-sale?INITD=propbar

Please share links to your favourite posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A