Ebay Laundry bag - My colour complaint - I am seeing red! Post 455.



You have seen many items I have bought on ebay which were bargains, a pleasant surprise, a great success.

Occasionally things go wrong.

1 Random Colours

I have a hanging laundry basket on two parallel wooden bars and the fabric is fraying and I need a new one. My friend Lynda has a lovely one with a blue edge.

I searched all over the internet and on eBay I saw a red edged wall-hanging laundry bag. I ordered it. I thought it would be white linen with a red fabric edge.

2 Fabric

When it arrived it was brown plastic, with a yellow edge.

The material was not clear.

Not cotton, which I could dye. 

Oxford cloth

It is described as Oxford cloth. I looked that up. It is shirt material, woven in out, basket weave says WIKI, rather than knitted, but waterproof. I think it should be soft, not noisy like a plastic bag.



Not soft. A noisy plastic.

When I re-read the listing carefully, I saw that other pictures showed the yellow item. The description was red,yellow. 



I assumed that I would be offered a choice later. Or that they had two listings, one showing the red picture at the top, with the yellow below it in case you preferred that, another listing with the yellow picture first. Nowhere did it ask you to choose the colour. Nor did it say that the colours would be sent out randomly. 

A few days later I hunted again. Up pops the red picture. When you save it in a watch list, up pops the red picture. When you look at your payment order page, the item shown is the red one.

My issue is not with one seller only, but with how items are listed on ebay. Often the picture shown is one of several colours and you are not told that you will get a random colour or a different colour. This is misleading and disappointing. 

3 Cost of Returning items

The cost of return postage often exceeds the cost of the item. Besides, it takes up time and is stressful. It puts you off buying again.

When I go to complain, the options include returning the item. I don't want to do that. 

4 There is an option for dealing with a robot. No option for complaining about their listings.

5 I have another complaint. I do a search based on price. The option is a range, such as 5 pounds to 15. The five pounds item is not the one shown, but something else entirely, such as a scarf, or a swatch of fabric. I waste a lot of time. As I change colours and sizes the price keeps changing. Size small in black is available at the advertised price, but I want white which is sold out, and black in large is twice the price. if the same seller or several sellers do this, you can spend half an hour or an hour not finding your colour or size or price, sometimes needed to go through 25 colours and styles at assorted prices. 

Useful Websites

ebay.com

3 colour washing, bag from ebay for a penny under sixteen pounds (plus postage)

ebay.co.uk

See update on post 458.

Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A