Gorgeous Green dress and orange belt with magic press stud. Belts to beat boredom. Outfit 454



Orange mask, orange book and mandarin orange. Photo by Angela Lansbury.

Green dress with contrasting orange mask. Photo by Angela Lansbury.





Close up of the belt closed. Photo by Angela Lansbury.
 
Belt open with press stud shown. Photo by Angela Lansbury.

The Gorgeous Green Dress

The dress is great, gorgeous, so easy and quick to wear. It matches neutral shoes, or contrasts with orange or pink or red - or yellow or white. The fabric feels rough to the touch, but you don't notice when you are wearing it.

I looked at it and thought, what can I add? A belt!

The Out of The Ordiary Orange and Green Belt

I found an old belt with a pattern. I hadn't worn it for years. It always clashed with everything. But a patterned belt is fine with a completely plain colour dress. Yes, it went perfectly. A green and orange belt, with a green dress. 

The Perfect Press Stud

Best of all, guess what I found. A press stud. On the tip of the belt, which goes under the buckle. Thread it through and fasten it. No piece hanging out awkwardly. 

Why had I never thought of that before! Why had nobody else thought of that? Genius. A tiny, inconspicuous press stud to fasten the end of the belt. Now that I know this trick, I can do it to many other belts.

Like holes on belts, you need to have a press stud in the right place for your size of waist. That should be the worst of my problems!

My problem is that Americans don't use the word press stud. they say snap.

My Missing Mask

Then I was rushing to go out to the shops. I had put off the grocery shopping towards the end of the day. Then i heard a pitter patter - rain! Oh no, It could be a complete downpour.

I rushed to the door, but realised I had no mask. I rushed back. What do to? 

The Orange Mask

I had an orange fabric mask which I had never worn. Just the thing! I didn't want to risk dropping it in the wet, getting it dirty, risking losing it. So I attached a piece of red ribbon which was in my sewing box. 

Saving For Sewing Later?

I had been keeping the red ribbon for something else. Which I had not got around to doing, to sewing. 

I could always untie the red ribbon if I needed it later. 

Besides, my latest policy is never put off to tomorrow what you can do today if you are over seventy, because there might not be a tomorrow. Don't save things so they can be found unused after you die. 

Grandad's Unworn Shirts

I recall a friend telling me, puzzled, that he had found unworn brand new shirts never taken out of the wrapper in the cupboard in his late father's house. The Dad had worn old shirts, never used the smart ones. 

The new shirts were obviously kept for some special occasion. But no special occasion had happened in his lifetime.

The Moral Was - Wear The Mask!

So now was the time for me to wear the orange mask. Even if it got spoiled. At least I would have enjoyed wearing it for one day. 

Today\s real need was more real than the potential, imaginary need. 

Add An Oeange To An Orange Outfit

To complete the orange effect, I noticed a neat orange notebook on my desk. And on the nearby kitchen unit was a mandarin orange, the easy peel type. 

If you ever need to add an accessory to a picture, find a piece of fruit. Oranges for an orange picture.  Bananas for a yellow picture. Red or green apples.

Beat Boredom With a Belt

For the rest of my life I shall never be bored. If I have nothing to do, I can go through all my belts and sew on press studs.

Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A