How To Quickly Line A See-through Dress Discreetly: Red palm tree picture dress of the day 461

 


Red see-through dress with second see-through dress, and scarf. Outfit 461. 
Photo by Angela Lansbury.

I looked at a red palm tree pattern garment and wondered why I had never worn it. Was it because, although I like red, palm trees are green, except the stems of lipstick palms, so red palm trees look absurd? Palm trees should be green. I vaguely remembered buying it cheaply in a sale. 

I tried it on and realized why I had never worn it. I don't wear see though wraps by the pool. I wear towelling wraps. A see through dress is not suitable for my lifestyle, opening the door for deliveries, going out to restaurants for meals, or walking around supermarkets, walking up and down high streets, travelling on trains, buses and planes.

A see through fabric is indecent. It shows underwear. It looks absurd on older women. It is too flimsy and is likely to tear.

What to do? Wear it as decoration over a plain colour garment. Another red.

I looked at the reds in a pile of 'time I wore this' clothes on the bed. Aha!

 I tried it on. But it was another see-through item!

I stuck to the original plan. I tried the patterned see through garment on top. 

It worked! The plain one worked as a lining. Now the effect was not see-through. 

The neck was a bit gaping. I filled that in with a red scarf.

Now I have a forever plan, trick, tip, to share with you. Wear your transparent or flimsy fabric on top of another. You lose the see-through effect. But you still have a light, airy garment. If you want to go lighter still, you have the option of taking off the top one, or the underneath one. 

You could travel light, and have two outfits for evenings at a holiday resort.

Useful Websites

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A