Loose yellow casual Caftan transformed by a tight belt, outfit 448

 

Casual caftan worn loose. Selfie. Photo by Angela Lansbury
I wanted something quick to wear and loose in the heat of 30 degrees C which is about 86 degrees fahrenheit.

However, in the evening, to go out to dinner, it looked too informal. So I added a belt.
Casual caftan transformed by a belt. Photo by Angela Lansbury.

DIY caftan
A caftan is an easy outfit to make or copy. It's basically a long piece of cloth folded over at shoulder height.
You seam it in down both sides, the seam a few inches in to create a frill. Stop above the waist, but below your armpit. 

Cut a slit for the neck. You can cut downwards at the front or the back. Enough to get the garment over your head. Seam around the neck with a braid. 

I washed this out and hung it up to dry overnight to see if it would dry quickly. If so, it would be handy on holiday.

Update
I wear this constantly. It is my go to dress when I am in a hurry. I wore it travelling. See later post 491.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A