Winsome Win some - Grass green (Tu) skirt contrasting with an orange (George) top. Dress of the day, outfit 446

 Yesterday, I lost. Today, I won. Yesterday, my online purchase of a posture support garment was not a success. However, today I am all smiles. My grass green skirt from Tu Woman goes perfectly with my orange top.

Orange and green outfit. Photo by Angela Lansbury.

The Vibrant Green Skirt

I bought a green broderie anglaise skirt on ebay. I love it. I immediately tried it on with my orange broderie anglaise top. The orange of the top offsets the green of the skirt. Wow. What a wonderful combination. 

I already liked the orange broderie Anglaise blouse, but - but what? But it was sold as off-the-shoulder, with spaghetti straps. that did not feel or look right. The elastic pulled on the top of my arms. 

I wanted to wear it with the sleeves on the shoulder. But then the neck gaps. Should I wear it the way it was supposed to be worn?

No. I am not on the beach. (Despite the hot summer weather in London, and the hot weather in Singapore, the USA and worldwide.)

I can't wait to wear the orange top until I get around to altering it. The green skirt is calling for a partner.

My solution is to tie the top's two orange straps together at the back. This pulls it up. I might have to make darts in the neckline. 

I love it. The orange is so vibrant. 

The George brand is from Asda.

Green Broderie Anglaise Skirt From Tu With The Waist Ties

The green skirt is lovely. It has two waist ties which don't make it tighter but are decorative. The two waist ties which tie at the front are finished with teeny metal cones. Makes the ends hang down. The metal ends give the ties an elegant finish. No risk of untidy fraying.

The Tu Brand

Tu is Sainsbury's brand. I'm glad I looked up what Tu means because I learned a lot. Tu means you, in French. The branding team changed the clothing collection logo making the U lower case so that people knew how to pronounce it. (I supposed otherwise they might have said Tea You.)

The George Brand

Why George and not Georgina? As I suspected, it had something to do with someone called George. I looked him up and I am so glad I did. He was the moving force behind three brands, which I remember with the mnemonic NAP. Next. George at Asda.  Per Una at Marks & Spencer. Read his story in Wikipedia. An amazing man.

If you want to see a picture of George, go to his own website. He has reached 80 years of age.

You can send parcels of your old clothes and shoes, any condition, to the George's recycling centre using their code and get 10% of new (not sale) items at George. Details from

https://takeback.george.com/

George companies are in the USA and worldwide but my website research is on the UK websites. You may have to follow links to find the same company's new clothes, sales, or buy back deals, or get ads from something similar, in other countries.

Useful Websites

https://wearegarden.co.uk/journal/sainsburys-tu/

Forty broderie items in all colours from shorts to pyjamas for women and children on the Tu website in July 2022.

tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/White-Broderie-Ankle-Socks-5-Pack-%283-Infant---5-5-Adult%29/128024458-White?searchTerm=broderie

https://direct.asda.com/george/clothing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Davies_(retailer)#:~:text=George%20William%20Davies%20(born%2029,English%20fashion%20designer%20and%20retailer.&text=Davies%20headed%20Next%20from%20its,at%20Asda'%20in%20the%201990s.

https://www.georgedavies.com/

Please share links to your favourite posts. Also consider following me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A