Orange dress of the day. 511. Why wear shoes or sandals on alternating days?

 



Photos by Trevor Sharot 

Orange Eyelet top

Papaya from Matalan. They have Matalan and Matalan curve for larger sizes.







A fuschia pink, bright pink, shirred top with eyelet or broderie anglaise collar and hem was offered at only two pounds fifty in the Matalan online sale in September 2022. I saved the picture in my Pinterest board dress of the day.

Irange bag

The orange bag was a dumpster find. The bag logo says, Royal Umbrella Fragrant rice, Sole distributor Topseller Builds brands, grows business. A subsidiary of Hariwell Holdings Ltd.

Orange Cowgirl Hat
Online from Amazon, party shops, American websites.
In Singapore hats from value.

Orange Baseball Cap


Orange ribbons 

Orange ribbons for hair and belt are from a roll made by Minton.


White Jacket

Cape blazer style. Brand Missguided. Lined. 95%polyester, 5% elastane.


Red Sandals.

From Free-Step, cat JW791 (J D Williams, UK). Upper leather. Lining and sock textile. Outer sole other materials. Supplier 25426. I have two pairs, almost identical, but with different catalogue numbers, presumably bought on different dates. I don't know whether this was an accident, or whether I left a pair in Singapore and bought a second pair in the UK.

I wear them every day. I ought to alternate them. Why? Why not wear one all the time, and keep the other more pristine for evenings and smart or special occasions?

Years ago I read that you should leave shoes and sandals to rest a day and wear another pair. The writer did not say why. Then, recently, I discovered the answer. It's because your foot perspires and makes the inside of the shoe or sandal damp. Worse, of course, if you walk in the rain. (Or put them on after a shower or swim.) 

Wet shoes are inclined to stretch, smell, grow bacteria, smell mouldy, lose colour.   Alternate shoes, possibly with absorbent paper inside, or the moisture absorbing packs of gel or crystals which come with new shoes.

For this outfit, white shoes would be even better.


His and Hers?
I looked in my husband's wardrobe for a matching orange shirt, shorts or trousers. I found a silk short-sleeved shirt in a blue abstract pattern with a few flecks of orange. 

But my husband declined to pose. 

I said, 'I need some men's clothes to interest the men.'
He retorted, 'the women are only interested in women's clothes'. 

Tell me if you agree with him or me.

Useful Websites
Matalan

ValueDollar  or Vlaue$

Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A