Re-fash - buy bargain second-hand clothes. Post 530

 A re-fash shop selling cheap second hand clothes is in Changi Point, by Expo MRT, one MRT underground railway stop away from Changi Airport.


Re-fash has an outlet at Changi Point, one MRT railway stop from the airport.   

Singapore
Singapore has re-fash. They sell second hand clothes, and they prefer and pay more for well known brands. You can buy from them and sell to them. They have numerous outlets all over Singapore.

I had previously visited another branch. I was taken there by a friend.

This time I recognized the name, after I saw the sign promoting attractive prices. Starting at $4.90. Not $4.99. $4.90. Ten cents less than I had paid for a top, a bargain $5, bought from a wheeled counter in the atrium of Bukit Panchang indoor shopping mall.

Not everything is the cheapest price. You have to check the tickets. Whilst I was looking at clothes, in walked an elegant woman, who looked slim despite being a few inches smaller than me. I reckoned she was only about 4 foot ten to five foot two, but looked slim because she was dressed ankle to neck in one long garment. 

At this point I decided to stop looking at separates, and to try on a few of those full length dresses, even if they had not immediately caught my eye. They might look better on me than on the hanger.

No cubicles were provided but I could try on clothes over my own clothes in front of a floor length mirror.
The cheapest sale items seem to be mixed up with others. 

Sizes
Same goes for sizes, at this store. 
At another branch the clothes seemed to be separated by size, but an item I liked, but rejected initially because of the size label turned out to be stretchy when I tried it on and I bought it. 

Other countries have similar systems. If you want to find the nearest, check on local terminology. Australia and New Zealand have different wording.
You might like these stores listed below.

UK
Charity shops sell donated items. 
London - St Luke's. 

Nationwide
Barnado's
Oxfam

Other charities raise money for cancer or pets with their shops.

USA
Thrift stores.

Useful Websites

https://refash.sg/pages/offline-stores

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charity_shop

For details of my long white refash dress, see post dress of the day 550

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A