The Perfect Self-Portrait, Flowers in Colour, converted to black and white, dress 528

Angela Lansbury with flowers in a vase. Selfie. Copyright.

 I took a photo of myself with myself wearing an orange scarf to add colour to a black jacket, plus some colourful flowers in a Ladies rest room. (The Tanglin Club in Singapore. You can find similar flower displays in flower shops, and in the lobbies and rest rooms of large hotels.) Other photo opportunities are flowers delivered for a birthday or anniversary, to you or anybody else. 

I needed several shots to get a really good one. I also did a lot of editing, mainly cropping. I cropped out my forearms which appeared large as I reached forward to press my fingertip on the take a photo button.

Angela Lansbury with flowers. Selfie Photo edited by Angela Lansbury. Copyright Angela Lansbury.

Black & White

I needed a black and white photo for an author portrait for the inside of printed book. In an ebook the colours don't matter. But in a printed book, whilst colour on the cover is usually included, colours inside the book cost a considerably large amount, driving up the cost to double what you want the customer to pay.

I was delighted to discover that converting to black and white is very simple. On my Samsung phone, in editing the photo mode, you simply choose the black and white option.

This is a glamour shot. It does not specifically promote me as a travel writer, nor a public speaker. The post and outfit and surroundings just say that I am smiling, happy and glamorous.

Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A