This way, I used to sew 100 panties a day for money! I'm not a tailor, post 526


I have found YouTube videos on sewing bras, panties, and circle skirts.
My favourite tip is using see through plasti for the pattern, copying your own old underwear. You can copy briefs and make them larger, wider, or higher,  or both.

Repairs To Underwear and slips
Use this as inspiration. Also repair items which have lost effective elastic.

Before watching this video, I had already cut down underwear which went at the gusset, turning granny knickers into briefs. 
I have lots of half slips and knickers with elastic which has gone, or is on the point of collapsing on me, so that I wear the garment at home and don't risk a descent of underwear when out in the street.

Saving Elastic
I have cut out elastic from garments with holes saved and preserved bits of eleastic to use in other projects. I have a box labelled elastic. 
What use is a piece of short elastic? You could use one piece on the front of a garment and the other on the back. A short piece has many uses, such as masks or small bags or mobile phone covers.
  
If you have a machine it's easier, using a zig zag stich.

Saving Links
Saving Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A