How to turn a one piece swimsuit into a bikini, Dress 543

 

Angela in a one piece swimsuit. Photo by Trevor Sharot.


I bought this one piece swimsuit because I liked the pattern of the playing cards. Unfortunately the gaps at the side did not appeal, and the lopsided look was not my style. For over a year I did not wear it.

Then I was urgently looking for swimwear to go under a skirted swimsuit whose underpants had been left behind in another country. I went through my swimsuits and found this one. I was thinking, what a pity it is not two halves. If only they had made it in two halves. They could have ... Why don't I?"

My next thought was, "That would spoil it. I should keep it as it is in case anybody wants to wear it.  But it's mine and unworn and I don't want to give it away. I like the pattern. I should cut it. What have I got to lose? But I might spoil it and not be able to wear it. But I am not wearing it now. "

I got my scissors out and cut it in half. I went around the edge of the part of the pattern I wanted to save. The bikini bottoms were too skimpy for me. But they were for wearing underneath a skirted swimsuit. I have worn them every day for weeks. 

The family-run company started in Tel Aviv and branched out to the USA and Germany, later with manufacturing in Romania and selling around the world. Their patterns are designed in house, so they are original, not patterned fabric bought in. Their patterns in the past have included contrast colours, dots, flowers, leopard and animal prints. The elasticated swimwear fabrics include two-way stretch.

Useful Websites

https://embassies.gov.il/singapore/NewsAndEvents/Pages/The-Diva-of-Swimwear-.aspx

https://www.israel21c.org/the-diva-of-swimwear/

Please share links to your favourite posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A