Create A Chrismukah Outfit: Red Reindeer Jumper for Christmas and Six point Star of David Jewellery For Hanukah. Outfit 564

Angela wearing a star of David in red and green, and red reindeer outfit, dress of the day. Outfit 564. Photo by Trevor Sharotl Copyright. 

Oops - I was invited to a Hanukah party and I did not have a hanukah outfit. I had a Xmas jumper, with rheindeer. What to do? Add a star of David necklace.

The six point star of David is known as the seal of Solomon to Muslims and the Star of David to Jews. Its origins could be a good luck symbol of six points to trap the devil or the evil eye, the enemy. 

You can buy star of David jewellery in many jewellery shops and the shops in Jewish Museums. I bought a colourful star of David necklace with matching ear-rings made by Eva at Changi airport. I thought the necklace in red and green was just right as to wear for both Christmas and Hanukah. 

The jumper is label George, which is from Asda.

I thought the reindeer design was childish and cheap looking but when I teamed it up with a red skirt, and orange-red velvet  track suit bottoms for warmth, and the elegant red and green star of David, it looked jolly and elegant. A white collar and cuffs of a smart blouse upgrades the outfit which was right for a Christmas theme party or dinner party.

Colour red. Pattern white snowflakes and red nosed reindeer with pale brown antlers. Some of the reindeer are wearing red and white scarves. The writing on the label is tiny but it seems to say made in china and 100 per cent cotton. I bought it in St Luke's Charity shop so it is probably not current 2022 stock.

Shoes

The shoes are brown clogs, I presumed they were Crocs. The host of the event had put out eight pairs of clogs or white towelling bathroom slippers, the sort you get in hotels. I thought the bright white towelling slippers would look better than the ugly brown climpy clogs. However, the white slippers were hard to keep on and felt flat on the wooden and carpet flooring. I immediately swapped them for the clogs. Washable Crocs or clogs are a great idea to offer guests rather than slippers. They can quickly be rinsed or thoroughly washed before and after each use by guests. 

The White Blouse

The white blouse is by Japan New Mode. The frilly cuffs are hidden under the long sleeves of the jumper. So are the frills on the front and the fancy buttons. I could have removed the reindeer jumper and shown the elegant blouse if the event had turned out to be formal.

Neck Warmer

The neck warmer in orangey-red is by Patra. 95 per cent silk and 5 per cent elastane. It keep you warm. It is also soft on the skin and quicker to wash and dry than the white collar of the blouse or the bulky jumper.

The Red Skirt

The red skirt is St Anthony evening. I bought it on ebay, and it is part of a suit. I love red. I bought it when I was larger. It is size 24 W. I probably got it cheaply because it was so large nobody else wanted it. 

To make it smaller I have pleated it both sides and held the pleats in with giant safety pins. One one side I have made a double pleat and used two large safety pins. The other side has a zip. One one side of the zip I have made a single pleat held in place with one large safety pin. This was supposed to be temporary, to hold it in place whilst I sewed it. I needed to sew it to make a neat line. 

However, I never got around to sewing it. The safety pins have stayed in place, not damaged the fabric. They are not noticeable under the bulky jumper.

The Tracksuit Trousers

The tracksuit trousers are orangey red. The fabric is stretch. Pull on. I needed them to hide the gap of ankles and calves between my shoes and the bottom of my skirt and to keep warm.

Once you are sitting down at a dinner table, nobody notices. Anyway, so many women in the streets and on trains are wearing trousers or Punjabi outfits with long leg coverings under long skirts, that it does not seem surprising.


 Useful Websites

Changi airport

Eva jewellery

Jewish jewellery

Wiki star of David

Asda Xmas jumpers, several designs, all under twenty pounds.

https://direct.asda.com/george/kids/jumpers-cardigans/red-reindeer-print-knitted-christmas-jumper/GEM962681,default,pd.html?cgid=D25M2G1C3

https://direct.asda.com/george/kids/jumpers-cardigans/red-fuzzy-sequin-reindeer-jumper/GEM935033,default,pd.html?cgid=D25M2G1C3&placement_id=item_page.pdp1&strategy=sim_txt&config_id=item_page.pdp1&parent_item_id=GEM962681&product_id=GEM935033&slotClicked=3

https://emeraldsinternational.com/product/emerald-star-of-david-pendant/ 950 US dollars (plus postage?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A