The Pink Painting As the Perfect Prop Beside Pink Clothes. Post 577

I have changed the belt from a thick scarf to a thin pink ribbons. The ribbon is on a reel I bought from Daiso in Singapore. Daiso is Japanese. The syllable, the word, Dai, is the word big in Chinese-Japanese. 


Angela Lansbury wearing dress of the day 577, vintage Comfy top and skirt made by converting matching trousers. Photo edited by Angela with posterize filter.


This is how the painting was displayed by us in the first photo we took, with the painting sideways, which neither of us realized.

Angela wearing pink Comfy top and trousers converted into a skirt. Dress 575. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

The Pink Top 

I have another plain top in this colour. The other top is longer which is more flattering as I am short. 

However, I like the pattern on this top. I like the leaves in white. They are pretty. They distract from what would otherwise be overwhelming solid colour.  The white enables the outfit to co-ordinate with white accessories. You could wear a white belt and white shoes and a white necklace or bracelet or both.

I do not understand the Chinese writing. It is very small, also in white.

The Pink Skirt 

The Top and Skirt Combination

The top is vintage Comfy from Comfy Clothes, who were in Queens Park in London but closed down. 

Garment Style

Their clothes were large and loose, made by inspiration from the company owner who was large. I am not sure that the word loose would apply to her. 

The garments were made in Cyprus. The label says fabric by Alice.

Loose Comfortable Clothing

If you want wrap around garments and large sleeves to fit a fuller figure, a changing shape, or just to be loose at home or in the daytime, try Japanese clothes. For example, look for kimonos, jackets, and pyjamas.

I looked around the room for a background to suit the clothes. I spotted pink flowers in my 'new', new to me, painting.

The Perfect Painting
The sets of four pink flowers on the painting are perfect to match the pyjama outfit. 

I rescued the painting from a dump.

I thought it was painted on wood. Then I pulled at the corner and discovered it was a painting on fabric which had been stuck to a board backing. When I looked closer I discovered the cloth was not stuck down stapled.

After we took this photo, I realized that the painting is the wrong way round. I rotated it 90 degrees.

The Bird Background
What are the birds? They have long legs. I was reading about the patterns on Japanese clothes on Shein and Ebay and elsewhere. I read about one design of birds called cranes. Cranes are popular in Japan, in paintings and fabric patterns and origami.
I looked up cranes in Wikipedia. I had noticed that the birds had long legs, like flamingoes. Also big, long beaks. Wiki immediately pointed out that cranes have long necks.

You could take a close-up photo of the cranes. But you need another full length photo to show the pink shoes. 
  
The Pink Flip-flops
In the UK we call this footwear flip-flops. In Australia and New Zealand they say thongs. In India, confusingly for the British, the flip flops are called slippers.

The pink flip-flops are size 22.  An adult size 22 is a European size, equivalent to size 5 in the UK and size 6 in the USA.

They have a Hello Kitty white face as decoration on the point of the V-shape bar.  I rescued them from the dump. the soles are worn down, but they are good enough to be worn as a novelty for me, for a couple more times, indoors. 

Please share links to your favourite posts. 

Useful Websites

Daiso

https://shop.daisosingapore.com.sg/

Hello Kitty

Shoe Size chart

https://www.hopla.sg/pages/shoe-size-guide

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A