A Shirt Converted into a bolero or undershirt. Dress of the Day 578


 Angela Lansbury wearing a caftan over a white shirt. Photo by Trevor Sharot.


The White Shirt 

I had a white discarded man's shirt. I saved it for several reasons. 

1 I wanted a pointed collar to look more businesslike on Zoom in a meeting.

2 I wanted sleeves to look more businesslike when wearing a caftan.

3 I wanted covered arms against insects such as mosquitos.

4 I wanted a shirt which could be washed out daily, and would dry quickly.

You can put the collar in bleach for four hours or more.Or cut off the collar. Or reverse it.

The cuffs can be cut off. I simple seamed them up, hand sewing over the raw edge The shirt sleeve was a little too long. So I folded it back. .

Caftan

You can buy caftans online, made in Indonesia, or India. In Singapore look in Chinese and Indian shops. Mustafa's deaprtment store should have several. 

Useful Websites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaftan

https://www.mustafa.com.sg/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A