Chinese New Year Red Outfit, dress of the day number 579

Angela in red Chinese New Year outfit, dress of the day number 579. Photo selfie by Angela. Edited by Angela on Samsung phone using filter posterize. the filter added colour to the background.

 I wanted  to wear red for Chinese New Year. Chinese New Year is so called in China, Singapore and other countries or cities with large Chinese populations. It is also known as Spring Festival, and Lunar New Year.

Red is the auspicious or lucky colour. Everything is red. Red lanterns. Red packets with gifts for children and unmarried adults.

I selected a red and white broderie anglaise dress. This was bright red, with a slight contrast of white, broderie anglaise, suitable for smart casual day wear.

However, it was not smart enough for the evening.

 To make it more festive for the evening, I added a lacey, red sequined bolero. Then a red scarf with small silver dots.

My first selfie taken with my phone captured only from my bust upwards.

Angela wearing red outfit, dress of the day 579 for Chinese New Year 2023.

I took a face photo holding my phone camera. To get a longer shot, I propped the camera against a vertical bar on a window ledge.

Vertical prop for mobile phone to take a selfie photo. Photo by Angela Lansbury.

To set the delay on my Samsung phone I look for the jagged lighting flash sign. You have three options, flash, no flash (the sign without an oblique line striking it out, and the delay button, which you can adjust to three different numbers of seconds.

The phone is set to take photos after 5 seconds. The numbers count down on the screen. This allowed me time to stand back and psoition myself.

Facts & Websites

The Scarf With silver dots

Red Broderie Anglaise Dress

Size 12. From Next.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A