Green shirt and silk jacket 581

 

Angela Lansbury wearing green skirt and jacket, dress of the day 581.
Photo by Trevor Sharot.

The Ensemble
I started with a 2022 green broderie anglaise skirt. I found a silk jacket to match. Vintage. Never worn. Now was its day. How to fill in underneath? I had a pale green shirt, a man's shirt from Marks & Spencers, discarded by my husband. Shoes - not my usual red shoes. My husband hates Crocs and big toe shoes. He prefers high heels, elegant shoes. Sorry, I had a fancy pair of multi coloured shoes, but I was already falling off the heels the moment I tried them on. I went back to the sensible and comfortable green modern clogs. 

Green
The jacket is green and blue. Green for gardening. Green colour goes with a gardening environment. Green shoes go just right for standing amid the greenery on the balcony. 

The Pose
I am standing with my hands in my pockets to show the pockets.

Secrets Of The Silk Jacket
Silk is special, to me. Silk used to be a luxury item. But it was cheap if you bought it at sale time. Or in the Far East. Or from the Far East online. Now prices have gone up. Sometimes you spot something special second hand.
This jacket is 100% silk. It has only one button, one large button. It fastens not at the waist, but lower.
The big button provided was flat and brown and did not match. I changed it for a large pale green button. 
The label reveals that the jacket is size 10. Made in Korea.  Label S.i.l.k.s By St. Gillian. Dry Clean.

The Gorgeous Green Skirt
The Green Skirt is broderie anglaise. Label Tu woman. From Sainsbury's supermarket all over London and the UK. 

 The Green Marks Shirt

Shopping for more

S.I.L.K.S and St Gillian

I found lots of St Gillian and Silks by St Gillian clothes, described as vintage and eighties, on Etsy. The prices ranged from about 41 US dollars to about 140 US dollars (plus postage). One was confusingly labelled new vintage. On first reading I thought that's new, vintage style, on second reading I thought that means new condition, item stored in a cupboard (Americans would say closet) for years, unworn, or pristine. I 

Sainsbury's
When I go shopping in UK supermarkets I always look at the clothes. They have items for men, women, children, and maternity. 

Shoes
The pale green shoes are clogs. The look like mock Crocs. Features are the breathing holes in the top. Wide toes, which don't give you bunions nor blisters. No need to wear socks. You can wear them indoors and out. If they get wet or dirty you can just wash them off. The closed top protects your feet from sunburn and I like to protect myself from melanoma, which is cancer from too much sun, on the feet.

 The handy two way strap goes forwards and backwards, for easy of getting the shoes on and off if forwards; tighter and more secure for walking, or if you want the shoes a tighter fit. 

Disadvantages
They are not as smart and well made as Crocs. The holes have ragged edges you can pull off. 

Advantages
But much cheaper. You can afford to buy a couple of pairs. Great for around the house or swimming pool, or beach. Different colours to other brands, so more outfits can be matched.

Useful Websites
UK

USA and Worldwide
Etsy

Please follow and share links to your favourite blogs and posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A