Red or black Broderie anglaise dresses 583 - which do you prefer, red or black?

The black Broderie Anglaise Dress

I met a girl in the lift. She was wearing a striking black broderie anglaise dress, with the holes outlined in white. I thought it was very pretty. 

But this was a good outfit for the office. The black is a colour which does not show the dirt and biro marks. White is jolly and relieves the otherwise funereal black.

I asked her where she bought it. She said in Chinatown in Singapore. The cost was about 40 Singapore dollars. 


The dress looked even better when I was standing beside her and could see only the sleeves.

She has a white watch strap and white shoes. 

The black of the dress echoes her black hair. And even her phone!

For absolute perfection, find a white tote back instead of the cream, although the pattern on the cream tote back is leaves which slightly match the theme of the dress holes which are circles, scallops and what look like double ears or double leaves.

 The Red Broderie Anglaise

I was inspired to wear my red broderie anglaise dress. The label says Next.

I think I bought it last summer when I bought several items from ebay. 


Angela in red broderie Anglaise dress. Selfie photo by Angela Lansbury.

The Red Hat

I have several of these.They are not expensive. They are always admired. I buy them from ebay. They are good for people who have lost hair because of chemotherapy. Or bald patches. Or tinted hair showing the contrasting roots. Of religious Jewish or Muslim women who want to hide their hair. Or simply to match an outfit's colours to finish it off.

I am also wearing red lipstick. I have lipstick from YSL, which is the best. It feels creamy. 

I have echoed the red and white with a white collared blouse which looks good on Zoom.

 Useful Websites

Next

ebay

Chinese New Year Red Outfit, dress of the day number 579 showing the red broderie anglaise dress with a dressy stole

Other blogs on eyelets by Angela

Pink eyelet top and white eyelet hat

https://dressofthedayangela.blogspot.com/2022/07/463-broderie-anglaise-white-hat-from-tu.html

Please share links to your favourite posts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A