508 Red Shein dress with cape back and belt - large, altered to fit



Angela Lansbury in red Shein dress. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

 I ordered the red dress with cape back in size 3x. Shein runs true to size. It was too long. What could I do?

I was afraid it would fry if I cut it. If I cut it, the skirt had a circular hem, which was another challenge.

Then I realised it had a belt and two thread tabs on the dress. If I hoisted the skirt up over the belt, that looked and felt better. I bit bulky on the top, but better than tripping up.

As for the cape, I tried the same trick. Fold it into the belt.

What if the dress came undone? I did not want to fall up steps or trip when crossing a road. So I fastened the belt and the parts which looked over it with safety pins. 


Useful Website

Similar red cape dress, pleated. 29.99 pounds from Shein UK. You can login to Shein from your address to get prices in your currency.

Please share links to your favourite posts.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A