Blue t-shirt and matching blue sandals for only 20 Singapore dollars. Dress of the day 504.


Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

 I was on my way out of a World Speech Day meeting in Singapore at Peninsula Plaza on North Bridge Road  a big building on a corner near the City Hall MRT underground railway station and within sight of a major art museum. What caught my attention was a rummage trolley with the alluring sign, only 5 dollars. Singapore dollars. The price of a cup of coffee.I saw a long red swirly pattern skirt and a see through  black net wrap skirt, but wasn't sure i wanted either. the shop looked extensive, so I wondered what else they had at reasonable prices. The shop ran from the corridor on one side to the corridor on the other side. At the other end was another tray of items at only 5 dollars. This time tee-shirts. 

I looked at a red tee- shirt and two blues and decided on the red. I bought it.  I left behind the blues.

Searhcing For Sandals

As I walked past other shops I wondered if any shop stocked sandals. I went back to the shop I had just patronized and asked, "Do you know a shop selling sandals?" I pointed to the sandals on my feet.

"We do," she said, and beckoned me to follow her. 

Sure enough, she had a rack of shoes. I saw possible shoes at 15 and 25 dollars. The ones which looked really cute were in blue and only 15 dollars. I bought them.

As I made my way out, I passed the tee-shirt tray. What about the blue tee-shirt? One of the two blue tee-shirts went exactly with the shoes. Irresistible. For a total of only twenty dollars, I had bought matching sandals and a tee-shirt.

Matching When Shopping

 It is always a good idea to shop for matching items in the same shop when buying. If the shop is expensive and two items is beyond your budget, occasionally you can negotiate a price for buying several items.

Useful Websites


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A