Make a bag from a cushion cover. Dress of the day 500

 I was walking around a supermarket looking for a handbag to match my dress. No luck. I saw a towel. Wrong colour and fabric. Then I saw the perfect item. I rushed over and picked it up. Perfect. Except that it was a cushion cover. I thought, that is such a lovely fabric. What a pity they don't just add a strap. It would make a lovely gag. Then I had second thoughts. Why don't I do that. The price of the cushion cover was no more than a bag. I bought it.

I recently discovered a discarded square padded item with a slit on one side which I envisaged could probably have been a cushion cover or  possibly a pillow case. I remembered the cushion converting idea I once had.

Bag from a cushion cover. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

What could I add to turn it into a bag? All I needed was a strap to make it into a shoulder bag. I could add a wide ribbon which I had saved from the box of a birthday cake at an event (a Toastmasters International meeting). They were going to throw it into a bin and I asked if I could have it. Saves waste.

Yes. It had languished unwanted and cluttered up my table, but now had a use. It was too light for a bag carrying heavy objects. But just right for a light bag for cosmetics or papers. 

Even if I carry heavy stuff, somebody else might want it. I had saved two items and created one useful and attractive new one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A