How to turn a pillowcase into a top, Dress of the day 524

Photo by Trevor Sharot.


The Spare Pillowcase

 I had a pillowcase lying around. It did not match anything else. I was about to fold it up with sheets, as I scanned my clothes for something new to wear.

Why not wear it as a top? Was it large enough? It was long enough, but was it wide enough? I needed to try it on, over my head.

Cutting?

Could I do that without cutting it? Only as a front piece on a white tee-shirt. It was too big for that.

Could I wear it over my head without cutting it? 

No. It has a long slit which would do for the waist. I had to cut a short slit in the centre of a short side for the neck. 

Where to Cut

I made a small snip in the middle in order to insert the end of a pair or scissors.

The Collar

Pillowcase top, collar. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

Pillowcase Brand

Domus.



What you need

1 A pillowcase

2 Scissort (ideally pinking shears).  

3 Optional matching ribbon for a belt.

You can wear it just as a top, with or without shorts underneath.

I wanted to show just the top, alone, no distraction.

However, my husband looked at me wearing just the top, and he said, 'Don't go on the internet showing your legs.'

So I grabbed the nearest skirt, which was black.

Time Taken

30 minutes

Useful Websites

https://www.manchestercollection.com.au/blog/pillow-cases/9-types-of-pillow-cases/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A