Red butterfly blouse enhanced by red accessories, a red Japanese wall hanging, a red sash, hat and sandals, Dress of the Day 523



Angela Lansbury adds a red wall hanging and accessories to enhance her red butterfly outfit. Photo by Trevor Sharot. Copyright.

 I rescued a red Japanese wall hanging. Why? Because it new and free. Because it was clean and pristine. Because it was red. Because it had two handy rollers and an A hanging strap. 

I wanted to save the money used to clear litter, and the space given to discarded items which clutter the earth and endanger animals. I was sorry for all the people who had worked to make the work of art. Above all the person who designed it, thinking their creation had created pleasure and would last forever.

I also felt sorry for the seller. And the buyer, who thought it would be a welcome gift. Did they have buyer's remorse? 

Back home, I looked at it. I could understand buyers' remorse. The lady in the portrait was rather sour faced, which made me sad.  So I took out a pen and gave her mouth a slight uplift.

I was looking for something red to complement a red outfit, a red butterfly blouse which I and my husband had seen before. There was the answer, the solution, what was previously unseen and unused, by the previous owner, and by me, the wall hanging, waiting to be exhibited.

I added a filter.


Photo by Trevor Sharot. Copyright.



Angela Lansbury with red butterfly top and dolly. Photo by Trevor Sharot. Copyright 2023.

See later post 525 about the kimono worn alongside the red Japanese wall hanging.

See a later post featuring this blouse and a belt.

Please bookmark and share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A