Tube skirt or sarong from Indonesia instantly converted into a dress, Dress of the Day 521


Angela in Cylinder skirt converted into a dress.  Outfit 521, Photo by Trevor Sharot.



 The tube skirt or cylinder skirt was bought in Indonesia by my husband. On his return to Singapore he gave it to me as a birthday present, knowing I like clothes.

The tube skirt design was a novelty. I wrote about it in my earlier post.

I looked at how to convert it into a dress. 

I pinned ribbons on the long top gap in two places, making a neck opening, and beside it it dropped two openings for my arms. 

By chance, a couple of days later, I picked up a white blouse with short puff sleeves and a collar. What could I wear it with? A plain black skirt (or skirt of any colour). As I hunted for a black skirt, I passed the cylinder skirt. 

I picked it up and put it on. The blouse collar solved the problem of how to shape the dress neck.

Useful Websites

Tube skirt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A