Disney Gold, and a Golden Opportunity For Glamour, Dress 548

 

Angela Lansbury in Mickey Mouse top, brown with gold lettering. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

I was hunting for something else when I came across this top. I had folded it away in an unmarked box with a lift-off lid.  Why was it hidden away and not on a hanger with a matching or co-ordinating skirt? Because I had initially dismissed it. Disney. For a child. Not for a smart evening out. Not for an adult. Not serious. 

Now I needed something new. My bedroom is overflowing with clothes. Before i buy anything new, I need to wear all the items I have. Or sell them. Or give them away.

So, I looked at it with fresh eyes. Somewhere I must have something in brown or gold, at at least black, which could be worn with it.

I tried it on. It fitted, The fabric was stretchy. 

The gold was glamorous, so long as you were not close enough to read the lettering or see the whole pattern.

I looked for gold shoes, evening shoes. I was in a hurry. I settled for silver with a glassy mock diamond.

I looked for a skirt. I could not see brown. I settled for black. A black open sided skirt, created by converting a pair of black trousers by slitting the centre seam and turning it sideways to put the slits at the side.

I looked for a gold, brown or black hat, and found one of each.

I looked online for Diney t-ahrits and found a cent off 66 dollars for an orange tie-dye daytime t-shirt.
Useful Websites
https://www.shopdisney.asia/orange-mickey-mouse-genuine-mousewear-tie-dye-t-shirt-for-adults-disneyland-2403051570030M.html?isProductSearch=1&plpPosition=undefined&searchType=regular
However, on Shein I found a very nice black tee shirt with a gold splatter on one side for 15 singapore dollars and free postage.
https://sg.shein.com/EMERY-ROSE-Plus-Gold-Print-Tee-p-7644382-cat-1890.html?src_identifier=st%3D2%60sc%3Dtee%20shirt%20gold%20print%60sr%3D0%60ps%3D1&src_module=search&src_tab_page_id=page_search1684497352916&mallCode=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A