Dress of the Day in Silver, Speckled Gray, 545

 






I never wear gray. Isn't it the world's least favourite colour? So why did I wear gray today?

I rescued a gray scarf from the dump. Americans call it dumpster diving. It was a long thing bedraggled looking gray scarf. The label is The Venetian Macau. I washed it and unfolded it. It was large.  Large enough to make and over the head shift dress.

 I looked on my rail and there was a gray and white skirt, a rescue from a pair of trousers, slit up the centre seam to make a skirt. I now had an outfit.

I cut the scarf across the neck using pinking shears. The scarf  was semi-see-though. I added my tote bag with cats, which cost 4 Singapore dollars in Daiso. I tried two different hats.

The scarf has speckles of silver on one side. You can wear the plain gray for daytime, the silver speckled side at night.

I have bought a set of fabric dye in colours. But not silver nor gold. I have also used gold felt tip pen and gold speckles on a broken porcelain lamp base.

Now I am wondering if I can use gold or silver to decorate one side of a scarf. This may mean you have to put the scarf under heat to set the colours. Or you might have to hand wash the scarf to avoid losing the glitter. You also want to avoid the glitter clogging up the pipes of your washing machine or wash basin.  I shall do some research on this before risking any action. But I am really looking forward to enhancing my scarves. Even a small circle or line at the short end of a scarf coujld transform it into something special.

Useful Websites

https://www.venetianmacao.com/shopping/shoppes.html?category=FashionWoman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A