Albanian traditional national costume, dress of the day 573

 

Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

A boy's complete costume on Ebay costs about 100 dollars and up on ebay.
Women's outfits are over 200 dollars plus shipping from Albania.
In Tirana, the capital, a bus was parked in the pedestrian boulevarde filled with restaurants and temporary stalls. 
I asked in Albania what their cheapest Albanian outfit was. It was about 100 Euros which was 5 times more than I wanted to pay for a souvenir I might wear only once or twice.

If you want a modern souvenir piece of clothing, there are plenty of tee-shirt and caps showing the Albanian flag with its striking red background colour and double headed black eagle. 





You can also buy items with woven patterns. I bought a bag which I was very pleased with. It cost me about 10 Euros which is about eight British pounds sterling.

Useful Websites

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A