Dress 565, Red, ready in a reversible dress, transformed for the evening by the bow. Secretly freshen up when travelling.

 

Reversible dress, worn the plain red side, with red sandals and a red hair bow on a clip. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

This reversible dress has one side plain red. When I received it in the post, bought from ebay, I was a bit disappointed. However, today I got it out and found it was the perfect under garment for a long red skirt under a short red skirt, or to match any red top. Very versatile on holiday. Neat and plain, like the plain colour outfits with matching hats and shoes worn by the British royal family.

The Reversible Dress
Like so many reversible dresses, no label. A mystery.

The Sandals
Red sandals. From Free-step. Bought in England by mail order. UK Size 4.
Upper leather. Lining and sock textile.
Adjustable ankle strap and adjustable wide bar across the toes.

Adjustable sandals are handy when you used to have to remove your shoes to go through security on long haul flights. On Whiszzair in June 2023 from Luton to Tirana, the capital of Albania, and back again, I did not get asked to remove my shoes. 

But my feet change size going from hot places to colder countries or air conditioned places. So it is handy to have adjustable shoes.

The Red Bow
This is the final touch. Glamorous for the evening. Great when you are sitting down at dinner. Adds interest to your face. Also when speaking on zoom.

In the daytime wearing a big hair clip bow is a nuisance. I have fine hair so it is likely to fall off and get lost. It will be a worry. But it is just right for night time. I can carry it on holiday in my hand bag.

The Sleeveless Dress
This dress has two advantages. 
1 . I can simply reverse the dress in a few seconds inside the cubicle of a ladies' toilet. Then I have another outfit for the evening. 

2 Sleeveless is cool in daytime, and the arms can be covered by a jacket in the day. A thin bloera for the evening can be folded inside a shoulder bag. I prefer a cap sleeve. But a sleeveless dress makes it easy to freshen up in a hurry.

Freshen Up
If you think changing for dinner is not to look smart, but to take off sweaty clothes, I have an answer for that. Every time I wash my hands, I also wash as much as I can. My face. Clean my teeth or rinse my mouth.  Wash under my arms. Depends how much time I have. Who else is around in the toilets. Whether I can get access to a basin unobserved (such as the disabled toilet). Many toilets nowadays have a basin and toilet in one cubicle. It is easy to keep fresh all day.

Then I don't need to change for dinner.  I have a speedy upgrade. A transformation. I just add my red fabric bow hair clip. Voila!

The metal clip says Made in France.
The small black fabric label, referring to the red fabric, I presume, says Colours in fashion. Andy. R. (A capital letter R in a circle means Registered trademark).

Well, I never. No room for a label on a dress. But a label on s small hair clip.
Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A