Dramatic Dress of the Day 578 - red white and blue, union Jack hat, orange reversible dress and Jacques Vert Blouse.

 

Angela Lansbury in a Jaques Vert blouse and reversible dress. Copyright.


HOD Speakers in North Harrow. 

Please share links to your favourite posts.

Blouse
Jacques Vert. Imitation pocket. The buttons on the blouse show through the thin dress. How can I hide the bumps of the buttons? I must find a vest to wear on top of the blouse, but one which does not show at the neck and arms, maybe a camisole. A tie worn inside or outside the dress, so long as it is on top of the blouse, could also work. 

I hope it shows only in the static photo. Nobody would notice when I am sitting down with a handbag or clipboard or notebook on my lap, and a jacket. Nor would anybody notice when I am leaping around on stage when you are watching the gestures of my arms or hands, and the expressions on my face. I took off my navy vest which has handy pockets in order to display the dress for the photo.

Dress
Orange worn on this occasion. The other side is pink. Yes, it's a reversible dress.
This side is more of a salmon pink and goes with the edging of the white blouse. The other side is a more blueish pink, a true pink.

Wig
The red, white and blue wig is not something I would wear in the street. Or even in the audience. It is only for a fancy dress party or for when I am performing on stage. I used it to introduce the fact that I am from the UK and I have a British accent.

Useful Websites
Jacques Vert
Wikipedia

Reversible dresses
ebay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A