Red dickey, detachable fake collar / half shirt, dress 586

 I ordered online my red dickey or detachable collar with a fake shirt front. I already have two plain white collars with fake shirt fronts. They are really handy to make a simple tee shirt or top look smarter, more businesslike, or more interesting. This version in red adds jolly colour. 

It co-ordinates with red sandals and a red belt and red lipstick to create a unified look.

 It brightens up a dress in funereal black. The red makes me feel happy, vibrant.  A great success. I shall wear it a lot. I might order other colours.

Angela Lansbury wearing a red fake shirt collar. Photo from Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

The technical name is dickey. The name fake collar is misleading. The collar is real, but nothing is attached to the u-shape front except two pieces of elastic under the arms. 

Red fake collar from ebay.
Other colours offered include useful white, or black. The yellow colour is mustardy, not to my taste. The green is a dark green. They might go with other outfits you already have. But I like the bright red.

Another version has black elastic.
On ebay from ledu168

The price is around 7.99 US dollars, free postage or add two or three dollars for postage, depending which seller you choose.

The red of the dickey matches the red diamonds on the scarf of the three piece Anthony Sicari suit.

The collar is not lying flat. In the seller's photo, the dickey is flat on a table of flat surface and looks flat. Oddly, it looks ok to me when I look in the mirror. Yet the photo tells a different story.

The photo tells me (and you) what the onlooker notices. Maybe it's because of the blue jacket collar pushing the red fake shirt collar. Where the edges meet at the top, they are slightly apart. Some blouses have a tiny press stud to secure the collar. I could sew one on to create a neater effect.

Accessory - Triple Crown Pin
The pin if from Toastmasters International, from one of the public speakers' training clubs in Singapore. I belong to two clubs in the UK, three in Singapore, and one online club. The pin with triple crown on it is for completing three levels in pathways, the speaking training program. I have completed all five levels of several paths. That is about 14 projects. Each project includes at least one speech, mostly

Useful Websites

Red fake collar with black elastic

Price on July 30th 2023

:
GBP 5.99
ApproximatelyUS $7.71
Plus postage
GBP 0.99 (approx US $1.27) SpeedPAK EconomySee detailsfor shipping
International shipment of items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges.
Located in: Zhengzhou, China

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254757895296?

From blueland888 (8093)

I have given the link to the one costing 7.99. Other sellers with the same photo on ebay were charging 8.99 or 9.99. I would take the cheapest, unless you are in such a hurry that you click on the first link you see because your time is worth more than a dollar saved.

A similar item with a red crochet front and solid collar, in red, or white, or brown, is on this link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385032792194?


I also liked the blue denim with the diamonte (fake diamond) triangular pattern on the tips of the collars.

And the beaded pearl effect choker from 

Seller information

  • 99.2% positive Feedback
  • I saved the pictures to my Pinterest.

Please bookmark and share links to your favourite posts.

The link to this one is

https://dressofthedayangela.blogspot.com/2023/07/red-dickey-detachable-collar.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A