What is Temu? A new place to buy clothes

 

What is Temu? It was new to me when I read about it in the UK in June and July 2023. Not surprisingly, as I first saw it in the UK. 

I was wondering what it was. Did it exist or was it a scam. I checked Wikipedia. As I suspected, it is a marketplace.  Wikipedia quotes sources. I generally don't. I summarize. Therefore, I won't say anything bad about any company for fear of  maligning a good company or being sued. 

If I wanted goods, I would take the risk of ordering from a new company or one I did not know. I would prefer to deal with a company which had a tracking delivery, or a way of dealing with complaints about a failed supplier. Also a quicker delivery. However, if I was unsure about a new organization, and feeling cautious I would consider setting up a new bank account and a new email to protect myself from spams or worse. 

I must say that the prices of delivery to the UK from the USA are exorbitant. I could take the view that if I order via Temu five items from five suppliers, and one fails to deliver, financially I could still be winning. Unless I get so stressed out. In that case I might wait to see whether

Are they better than a rival marketplace which you, or I, use, such as Amazon? Are they worse, the same, just as bad, just as good? Or do I want to wait and see if they get worse or better or stay the same?

Useful Websites

https://www.temu.com

https://www.temu.com/uk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temu_(marketplace)

Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A