Black Quiz top with Red Embroidery from a Cancer Research Shop, dress of the day 595

 


Angela wearing a black top with red embroidery. Photo by Trevor Sharot.
Label Quiz.
Please share links to your favourite posts.

I bought the top from a shop in Ilkley in West Yorkshire. Ilkely is a lively little town with historic sandstone buildings, the green sloping hills of the Yorkshire moors, Ilkley Moor, and more. Cancer Research is just near the famous Betty's tea room. Other charity shops down side streets offer more chances of finding bargains.

The top
The top is from the company called Quiz. The background is sophisticated black.  The vivid red embroidery is on the front, back and sleeves.

 The front is lined. The sleeves and back are not lined. 

It has a shirred elastic waist. The sleeves have a narrower shirred elastic edge. so it fits any waist size and any size arms. 
The boat neck has elasticthreaded through invisibly.

The size is GB 12, E 40. (E for Europe.)

The garment has two long black loop hanging ribbons inside.
When I saw it hanging on the hanger in the shop I thought that the shapeless top might not suit me. Fitted looks better usually. However, when I tried it on, I loved the colour. It went with my skirt. I did not want to take it off.

The Quiz website says they aim to provide catwalk trendy clothing at affordable prices. Some of their items are expensive. The website shows you lots of attractive matching sets, but the prices are for only one item of the two.

However, pricewise the good news is that in the sale they had lots of caps and fascinators, belts, clutch bags and other items under ten pounds. For 9.99, a penny off ten pounds, you have free shipping all year. You also get 10% off for signing up with your email to be notified of new items and offers.

The website has the usual comprehensive choice of slection by price, price low to high, colour, style. items for brides, summer,and  cold weather beanie hats.

Quiz started in Scotland. The company now has shops all over the UK and Ireland, plus Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Pakistan, UAE, Egypt, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, and Armenia (Yerevan Mall).

The Red Broderie Anglaise Skirt
The red skirt is from Marks & Spencer. The fabric is broderie Anglaise, meaning English embroidery, also known nowadays as eyelet. the lining is also red. Unusually the pattern of oversewn holes 

The washing label gives the company's website.

When you buy clothes containing elastic, you run the risk that sooner, or later, sometimes sooner than expected, the elastic will go.

I asked the shop assistant to cut off the price tag so I could wear it. (I was travelling, visitng friends, and did not known if I would have access to scissors before dinner time. Nor did I want to risk forgetting to remove the label. 

The shop assistant hesitated and said, "If I cut the label off, you won't be able to return it." Since i was driving away and not returning to the area, I thought my chances of needing to return it were nil. so I asked her to cut off the label and asured her: "I won't be returning it."

Useful Websites



USA

Australia



Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A