Weird cut, red top, label Atmosphere from Primark, dress of the day 598

 

Angela Lansbury wearing Red top, label Atmosphere from Primark, dress of the day 598. Photo selfie by Angela Lansbury.

The Camera and Pose
I stood the mobile phone camera on a kitchen work surface, supported by a cutlery rack. I set it to ten seconds of delay. I stood back and moved backwards and forwards and side to side to get correctly positioned. I chose to feature just my top half.

The Red Top
The red top has the label on the inside centre neck revealing the brand label atmosphere and the size 10/38. Size ten is English and size 38 is European.
According to the washing label, the fabric is 62% viscose and 38% cotton. Here more detail is given on the sizing. UK/IRL (Ireland) size 10. Size 38 ES/PT (Es for Espana, Spain, and Pt for Portugal. 36 for D/NL, Dutschland (Germany) and NL (Netherlands). 

It is a gappy design. I am wearing it over a Patra silk vest with short sleeves. 

The shoulder is held together by the circular piece around the neck, with a decorative non funtioning red plastic domed button on the circular piece, and a matching button half way across the shoulder. A red ribbon goes from one shoulder to the other inside. At first I thought that was to hang it up so it did not slip off the hanger. Now I wonder whether it is to stop it slipping sideways off your shoulders.
It is open half way down the sides. the seamed lower half of the side seam has a hole for the tie belt in the same nitted fabric. I presumed that was to tie decoratevely at the front. But maybe it is to pull it together at the back.

I suspect that it confused customers and that for that reason it did not sell well so I bought it in a sale, and wore if for the first time today in a urry when somebody came to the front door early in the morning.

Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A