Blue flowered silk caftan 223. Why wear it? Why wear it again?

Angela in blue silk caftan with large flowers. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

I thought, 'What shall I wear today?'

I am trying to wear a new outfit every day. Why? For variety. I can afford to spend five dollars or pounds a week on something new, even if it is a pair of socks, or two or three pairs. I can often find something discarded at the dump. I can turn trousers(americans say pants) into a skirt. A new outfit. A use for something never worn. I can turn a child's dress into a collar or longer dickey. I can convert a pillow case into a top. I can turn a lined jacket inside out from the patterned outside to the plain inside.

Why not buy or make more? I have run out of storage space. Better to find a new combination.

But when I am called for breakfast, I need to dress in a hurry. Not messabout matching up tops and skirts. A pull-on tunic, dress or caftan is quicker. 

Let's go back to one of my older dresses. This caftan is handy. I like it. I like the faric. I like the colours. Neither the reader of my blog nor the photographer, my husband, will remember it. A caftan is quick, quicker than matching up a skirt to wrap around or do up as well as a top to pull down.

But I noticed it was silk. Too good for a weekday, staying at home. Save it for a special occasion. I don't have that many special occasions. Save it for the weekend.

Today Is A Special Day
But I need a dress right now. Why not wear it now? I am in my seventies. I might not have a tomrrow. I might have a tomorrow, but die before a special occasion.

Why not enjoy it today? Make every day a special day. 

Special Dress and Secial Date
I remember when I was in my twenties, my new boyfriend said he would come round at 6 pm, after work, and take me out for a quick coffee. I had a new dress. I was flying the next day.  I thought, if the plane crashes, I will never have worn the dress. I'll wear it tonight.

My new boyfriend came in and saw me. He gasped, "You look fabulous. Far too good for coffee. I'm taking you out to dinner."

Remembering that, I smiled to myself.  Who knows. Today might be the special day for me to meet someone else. If not, the person in the room with me is the person in the mirror.

I put it on, in a hurry.
 
Inside out dress
I accidentally wore this caftan inside out. The fabric is wide. You can see that if you go back to the dress of the day 34. 

In dress 34 you can see the two side seams runs vertically a few inches out from the body and a few inches in from the side, leaving a waving flap each side. The style is cool, ideal for summer or tropical weather or the tropics. 

Wearing the dress inside out has concealed the side flap. It looks more conventional. But also makes me look slightly fatter because of the faric bunched up both sides.

Footwear
I am wearing my Crocs. They don't go. I had been wearing them all day. Cool and comfortable.

Never mind. Job done. A new dress of the day.

See also dress of the day 34.
Please bookmark and share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A