Nails, nice nails! Post 224. White camelia, symbol of Chanel.

Nails with the white camelia, symbol of Chanel. Photo by Angela Lansbury.


I thought the pink nails with the tiny sparkles looked like court shoes. Little black toes, with diamond edging.

Chanel Flowers
The nails with the all black bases have Chanel white flowers. The Chanel flower is a white camelia. It is on their bags and other items. Coco Chanel apparently put a real white camellia flower on her belt and liked it so much that she made an artificial flower the motif, the identifying motif, of her collection.



Applying Nails
Ang told me that she paid 58 Singapore dollars to have these gorgeous designs on her nails. It took about 3 hours. 

She thought the price was affordable because it is a home business. The price was also good value because the nails last about 2 months. 

That sounds long-lasting to me. I used to have my nail painted professionally. They might last a week, maximum two weeks.  Once one of the nail chipped the next day. I phoned and asked if I could buy the same colour varnish from the person who did my nails. They re-did the one nail for free.

It was done by a home business. They are not taking any more customers but you could show somebody this design if you like it and get something similar. 

When stick on nails first came out, I thought they looked very artificial. I could not see the point. i thought they would fall off. Damage your nails.

Anything attached could get broken off. Would float off if I did the washing up, had a shower, or went swimming.

However, I can now see the advantages. If you do your own nails and can't do the right hand neatly with your left hand. If you get the varnish all over your skin, looking untidy. Worst of all, if drop the bottle and get varnish all over the bathroom walls and towels,.as I once did. Worth trying.

From Shein  you can order lots of stick on nail bases and designs to stick on top.

Useful Websites


https://www.lazada.sg/products/ready-stock12-sheets-girls-women-full-wrap-waterproof-nail-art-decals-nail-stickers-i1907895867-s10195856538.

 Please share links to your favourite posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A