Van Gogh scarf, dress of the day 218

 

Angela Lansbury wearing a Van Gogh scarf. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

The Scarf
My husband bought this for me from the Van Gogh exhibition in Jakarta, Indonesia. It came folded in a packet. So he just bought one with a bit of red. It is mostly dark blue. So I am wearing with white for contrast. A white blouse, but a black jacket, open sleeved to show the white blouse sleeve.
I might remove the black jacket over dinner.
I considered cuttint it to make a tunic dress. But, when I sid this, my husband objected to the idea of cutting it. Why? Not that he didn't trust me to be left with a wearable item.

I don't think he wanted the fabric to remain pristine. He did not like the idea of cutting the Van Gogh design.

I tired it under the neck at the front with a double knot. A brooch would have made a neater look. However, I am always wary of brooches leaving two tiny holes.

You can buy lots of Van Gogh clothing and accessory items online.

White blouse
The white blouse is from Marks & Spencer.  

White umbrella

Black skirt
C & A.

Black jacket

Silver sandals
Dark royal blue socks (airline gift onboard)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A