How to sort and hang clothes - with pairs of ribbon loops, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12693021/Pro-organizer-closet-hack-baby-hangers.htmlost

 I have started sorting out my clothes. Sorting styles. 

Black Skirts and Matching Tops

 I have all the long black skirts in one place. Tops with black and another colour are in the same section. 

Sorting Colours

Another section is reds. Next them are oranges. next to them are pinks. Then blues. Greens, yellows. Multicolours. Silver and gold.  

Where do you put grey? (The American spelling is gray. You might put grey after black. Between black and white. 

What about brown? Alongside yellow.

What about purple? By pink or between pink and blue.

Fold or Hang?

If your storage area attracts moths, I find it easier to shake out a few items than to unfold and fold again.

This depends on your bedroom or closet (wardrobe) layout. I lose items when they are folded. I find it easier to find an outfit if I hang a skirt and matching top together. if I feel like wearing red, i have a red outfit or two to choose from.

Some of my skirts are designed to be folded and have no hanging straps. I have added long ribbon loops to the insides of the waistbands.

 I can then hang up a skirt and matching top on one hanger. complete outfit, occasionally with a matching tote bag.



How To Sew Loops

Look at your hanger and decide how long your loops need to be. Long loops can hang from the centre of the hanger. Smaller loops need a groove or depression in the top.

If you have a wife hanger, you can bend up the two ends. That way, any loop slides towards the middle and not off the edges. The same applies to sleeves. If you have garments falling off because the neck is wide and the hanger is arched. look to see how you can anchor the clothes. Failing other systems, or in addition, add loops.

Advantages Of Long Loops

Long loops can hang from the centre of the hanger. They can show the skirt or trousers (Americans say pants) below the shirt. folding a skirt over the bar of a hanger takes up space. If you are short of space, add loops instead.

Finding Time And Energy To Sew

I had about five garments needing loops. The folded skirts were hidden under matching tops, as well as taking up space. Hanging the skirts, meant I could see a complete outfit at a glance.

I though of leaving the sewing until the end of the day. But that would mean going to bed late. If the alarm, or the morning light, woke me at the usual time I would be tired. 

I found a good compromise. In the evening I cut up all the ribbon loops and put out my needles and cottons. The next day, when I went to start sewing, everything was ready.

I was able to sew just one item in my mid morning break. Another at the start of my lunch break. Another at the end of my lunch break. Only two left! I did one more.

Sorting through my clothes also matched up two tops with their skirts. Success!

Direction Decisions

Which way do you sew the loops? Upwards? Downwards? Sideways?

Does the colour matter?

What other uses have the loops?

You could use them to thread a belt. You would need a third loop to prevent sagging at the back..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A