Kimono wth zip sewn in, dress 237

Angela Lansbury in kimono with handsewn zip. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

I had a Japanese kimono in cotton with a pretty red pattern. I never wore it. Wraparound is not a good look or feel for me. I have one dropped shoulder after breaking my clavicle in a road traffic accident. I feel indiscreet with a gap at the front, and have to constantly re-tie the belt, which is a nuisance. I new what I needed was a zip. i sewed zips into two towelling bathrobes which I use when I got to swim. (I wear them on alternate days to let them dry out).

Long zips are hard to come by. I saw a discarded folding mattress with a zip-off cover. The zip was just what I needed. White, Perfect. I cut it out.

I sewed it in. Simple sewing. A straight line up and down. It was not an open-ended zip. However, it was long enough for me to climb into the garment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A