Dress 249 pale turquoise batik caftan

Turquoise caftan. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.


The Turquoise Caftan Colour & Pattern
I considered this dress in pink or blue but the pale turquoise blue matched my hat. Another style was more shapely than the loose caftan and had an elastic waist and a tie at the v- neck. It was slightly more expensive. I decided the loose caftan was more comfortable in the heat. 

The shop, in Katathani resort (Hotel), had two slightly different batik dresses in the turquoise. I initially rejected the one which had a dark splodge on the right of the V as I looked in the mirror. (This would appear to onlookers on the left.) I thought the pattern distracted from my face. 

However, on second thoughts I decided that it was more interesting with the patch of darker colour than the all pale effect which was insipid. More importantly, I like  a slight pattern because otherwise when you get a stain of coffee or curry and try to remove it and with bleach get a paler patch on a completely plain pattern the colour change is obvious and odd. 

Loose or Fitted?
The sleeve of the caftan was longer than the fitted style, which is another advantage if you are getting bitten by mosquitos. More fabric for your money. Keeps you warmer under air conditioning.

Useful Websites
Unfortunately, the shop does not do mail order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A