Dress 248 Thai elephants in black and white

\\\\
Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright

Thai elephants in black and white. I bought the trousers with elastic ankles to fight off mosquitos in a supermarket

Matching Sets
The elephant pattern is very common. Then I found a co-ordinating shirt in a nearby shop. When we looked through the pile of folded shits in packet I spotted one with a red central stripe. I bought it in a hurry. I was very pleased to have a matching set, and the red to brighten up the outfit.

Mismatched Pattern
However, when I got back to the resort hotel and tried it on, my heart sank, I found that the left and right split the elephants in half. 

Buttons and Buttonholes
Worse still. the two sides were not horizontal. I looked at the buttonholes. When you lined up the pattern, the pattern was horizontal both sides but the buttons and buttonholes did not match. 

Buyer Beware
The moral for the customer is try on the garment, even if you are not fussy about size. The garment might be unsatisfactory. Or you might get a reduction if there is a fault you need to fix. Even if you can fix it, this costs you stress, time or money.

How To Fix Bad Button And Buttonhole Spacing
The buttton holes would be hard for me to fix.   However, I realised that if the buttonholes are evenly spaced, but the buttons don't align, you need to move the buttons, which is easier than fixing buttonholes. 

An alternative is to leave the buttons and sew on ribbon loops. To conceal the now redundant buttonholes, sew the long edges of the buttonholes bac, together.

Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A