How to save a bag lining Post 241

Waterproof Bags - Protect Against Rain
I had two plastic handbags. Their advantage is that they are waterproof. That is handy in tropical Singapore. In autumn it rains most afternoons. Waterproof bags are also handy in the most visited South East Asian tourist destination, Thailand. 

Waterproof  bags - Protect Contents
The waterproof bags are helpful if you gave to carry something wet. For example, a wet swimsuit. Or food and drink. 

However, they have fabric linings. 

The bags feel heavy, even without my adding contents. I have to travel with only my big suitcase, my pull along bag, handbag and heavy laptop. That is without any duty free purchases.

The bags look cheaper than my embroidered fabric shoulder bag. The weight is the deciding factor. They have to go. In the bin. Hotels should have a leave and take corner for surplus bags and boxes and suitcases.

Scissors
Before I reluctantly say goodbye to the bags I fetch a large pair of scissors. I cut out the fabric linings. At home I have several tote bags which need a practical lining with a zip and handy pockets and an elegant silky contrast colour lining.
I was hoping to save the big zip. Americans say zipper. But it is strongly attached. I manage to detach the handles of one bag because they end in clips.
Please bookmark and share links to this post.
Bag lining cut out with scissors. Photo by Angela Lansbury.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A