Xmas Outfits in 2023 And Vintage From Tesco, outfits 254



Harrovians toastmasters club.


This year I went to Harrovians. The two leaders of the meeting, husband and wife, were in matching jumpers. I thought that was very effective.

I then received a notice from the sister club of which I am also a member. Time for me to get out my Xmas outfit.


Years ago I would not have bought a seasonal outfit. I thought it was a waste of money to buy seasonal items which you only wear once to a party. Too twee. 

Might offend non-Christian friends.

Then, one year I saw one in a sale. 

Now, when asked to dress in Xmas theme, I can oblige. 

In theory I should keep it in a suitcase up in the attic or an outroom such as a store room, maid's room, scullery/utility room.  The suitcase would be labelled Xmas with a all the decorations. 

However, I tend to keep most things out. This works well if you want to find it in a hurry. I did. iwent to my cupborad of thick woolly jumpers and found it immeditely on the top of the pile.

Xmas jumper

Background is black which goes with a black skirt or almost anything. The seaonsl colours are  red, white and green. the sleeves have green holly and red berries. The body of the garment adds red and white spiral pattern candy canes, an American thing.

 Red skirt

A black skirt would do, but a red skirt is jolly. Luckily I have several. I pulled out a red skirt. EWM Pure Classics Size 14. 49% linen. 45%  viscose. 6% cotton. Keep away from fire. It looks thick, but isn't. It is lightweight, which is comfortable to wear, but not very warm in winter. 

So, for extra warmth, I am wearing a black underslip, and orange stretch velvet look tracksuit bottoms.

Remove belt before washing. 

White Blouse

100 % polyester. Wash at 30 degrees C. It has  8 front buttons plus one on each cuff, total ten. 

Xmas Pattern Jumper

Label F & F. That's the Tesco label.


White Hood

I sewed a white scarf onto a beanie style hat. This serves several purposes. The white is for safety at night to be seen by motorists when I am crossing a road. Sewing the two items together reduces the chances of leaving one of them behind. It means the two parts of the pair are always together. The scarf sewn on keeps the back of my neck warm, with no gaps. Sewing on the scarf enables me to keep the two sides even. The combination of hat and scarf keeps my ears covered and warm. I am not constantly clutching the scarf to stop it slippingg off my shoulders. My hat is totally unique. 

Useful Websites

My blog on labels.

Amazon xmas tops.

Lessons learned

The more the merrier - matching sweaters for husand and wife, mother and daughter, members of a club, are effective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A