Beanie hats, how to secure them, post 281

 My husband bought a beanie hat. it was expensive. it cost 25 dollars in galeries Lafayette in Beziers France, on holiday. In two days he had lost it.

My beanie hats keep sliding off my head. that is a nuisance. I am constantly picking them up off the floor. 

What can you do?

Elastic and Ribbons

Sew on elastic. Sew on two ribbons to tie. behind your hair at the nape of the neck. Buy hat elastic. Where from? Look in a shop such as the notions department in a department store such as John Lewis in London. Check out Spotlaight in Singapore, DAISO worldwide.

Scarves

Sew on a scarf.

to look right it should ith match in colour, or fabric, ideally both. If you cannot co-ordinate complementary colours, add a constrast. Black and white. Or match your socks o shoes or jacket. Or your hair colour or eye colour. Or lipstick. Of bag and belt.

I sewed a green scarf onto a rainbow scarf.

The green scarf label is Made in Italy. United colors of Benetton. 

I think I bought it when there was a reduction, only on certain less popular colours or styles. This one has a felt effect. 

Stretchy Fabrics

The felt is not very stretchy, but the knitted hat is very stretchy. How do you sew them together? I tried matching the edges and keeping the knitted item tight. However, that sacrificed the strethiness, which i wanted for comfort and to pull it over my head. So I treated it like elastic sewn onto another fabric. The elastic item is pulled out, it contracts pulling the other fabric with it, possibly into a slight wave. You can  divide the waves, th hole, by sewing over the gaps with aother set of stitches, whilst keeping the stretcy fabric at full stretch.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A